Every day should be #NationalChildDay:
– Canada Child Benefit ☑️
– Expanded maternity and parental leave ☑️
– A historic agreement on Early Learning and Child Care ☑️
— Kent Hehr (@kenthehr) November 21, 2017
Help for those working hard to join the middle class
First, I’d like to invite you to join me at my Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kerby Centre (1133 7 Ave. S.W.). You can RSVP at www.KentHehrMP.ca/events
Second, I’d like to highlight a couple programs that are helping our friends and neighbours to meet their basic needs and re-invest in the local economy. When middle class and low income Calgarians have more money in their pockets, it’s quickly used to pay for things like healthy food, skating lessons and warm winter clothes.
Canada Child Benefit
Our government is going a step further to help lift children out of poverty, by increasing Canada Child Benefit payments to keep pace with inflation.
- 3 million families receive Canada Child Benefit payments, providing $6,800 on average per family per year.
- 90% of families receive more through the Canada Child Benefit than they did under the previous government’s programs.
- For a single parent with two kids making $35,000, the increase will mean an additional $560 next year, tax free.
Working Income Tax Benefit
By letting low-income workers take home more money while they work, the Working Income Tax Benefit offers real help to Calgarians and encourages more people to join the workforce.
In 2016, 1.4 million low-income workers received an average of $785 per year.
- Starting in 2019, we are enhancing the benefit by an additional $500 million per year.
- For families, the Working Income Tax Benefit and the Canada Child Benefit combine to provide more money to help with the costs of raising a family.
Get in touch: To contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.244.1880. You can subscribe to email updates at www.KentHehrMP.ca/email-updates.
Like updates like the above? Sign up for email updates from Kent below: