As Canada’s 4th largest city, it’s about time that the federal government paid attention to Calgary and invested in its infrastructure. Under the Harper Conservatives, Calgary never received its fair share of infrastructure funding. Our federal Liberal government is different — we are investing in Calgary in a big way.
According to the Library of Parliament, a non-partisan team of researchers available to all Parliamentarians, the previous Conservative federal government (10 MPs representing Calgary) brought $1.4 billion to Calgary’s infrastructure in their entire 10 year mandate. In comparison, the current Liberal federal government has brought more than $2.3 billion to Calgary’s infrastructure needs in only 3 years.
These infrastructure investments include:
- Green Line LRT Project ($1,500,000,000)
- Southwest Calgary Ring Road ($333,000,000)
- City of Calgary flood mitigation projects ($10,500,000)
- YWCA Calgary Inglewood project ($6,000,00)
- National Music Centre ($5,000,000)
- cSPACE Arts and Culture projects ($2,500,000)